RS Net Advisory re overnight mail email changes
November 13th 2020
This is an advisory of some changes to our mail system happening overnight.
- It only affects Domain Email services managed by RS Net.
- We don't expect any issues to arise from it.
- Any small inconvenience we get from this will be well worth it in the future.
You can help reduce/overcome any issues by following the instructions below.
We have been working to further improve Email Delivery by sending additional secure identity information about your Domain and our Mail Server automatically with every email. That helps your contact's email system to be confident your email is genuine.
It's rare for our clients experience issues with email, but we like to work pro-actively to make things even better where we can.
At 10.30pm tonight Friday 13/11/2020 the IP Address of our Mail Server will change and some identity information will be added for it and our Main Server host.
This work should be completed and seen by your devices by 11pm latest.
It should have little/no effect on mail delivery/sending services.
We will add Facebook Advisories as usual (Facebook link below).
How to minimise any problems / recover from mail system notices after the change.
- If possible turn your machines / phones etc off before 10pm overnight
- or at least close the email application.
- this will force it to check the settings when you re-start it on Saturday and all should be OK.
- If your machine / phone complains about email send/receive on Saturday:
- Shut it completely down and restart it.
- This should force it to re-check the settings.
- If the problem continues for a bit, be patient, it should rectify itself.
- If it looks like the problem is ongoing, please call and we will see if we can help.
Please call or email if you have any questions about this.
Have a good weekend!
Margaret & Merv