URGENT NOTICE OF AN ESSENTIAL UPDATE
We need to upgrade the MySQL Database Engine that our database web sites use to hold page content, product and user information, etc.
Technology moves on and we need to get the benefit of the extra features the upgraded version will bring.We have delayed this as long as we reasonably could and it must be done now.
This means your website will be off line for an estimated 20-30 minutes so the procedure can be done.It is planned to be done next Thursday 14th March starting at 7pm SA Time.It is a well-known process and we have prepared for it, so we expect it to be successful, but we take precautions of course.It will be done by our Upline Hosting Support technical staff and we will be standing by to check everything is OK after the upgrade.The process is:
- Post a "Server Down for Upgrade" Message to our Facebook Page.
- Close off the appropriate Server Ports to stop Database function.
- Websites will stop working - email should keep working.
- Create a Snapshot of the Server to restore back to in case of problems.
- Perform the MySQL upgrade and check for errors.
- Solve any issues found.
- If all looks OK: Unlock the WEB ports only first and confirm websites are working.
- Unblock any remaining services once the upgrade is confirmed successful
- Post a "Server Back Up!" Message to our Facebook Page.
Please call or email if this timing causes you any problems and we will try to accommodate you.