We hope you are going well.
This is an advisory of a major upgrade planned for our server.
- This moves us to the latest version of the Server Operating System.
- That means we can provide the latest versions of server features and functions into the future.
- It's how we keep your websites secure and performing well.
- A bit of inconvenience is well worth it for the future.
- and thankfully it does not have to happen often!
When: This Thursday evening 7:30-8:00pm to around 11:00-11:30pm
We will post an advisory on Facebook when it starts and then when websites and email are active again.
Websites & emails hosted with us will be inactive/unavailable for most of the upgrade period.
- Clients whose DNS we host only may also be affected, but much less so.
Apologies for the disruption, but we can't keep services working during such a major upgrade.
- Inbound emails that cannot get to your mailbox are normally held by the sending mail system, which then re-tries 1-4 hours later and should keep re-trying for 24 hours, so we don't expect you to lose any email.
We have been planning and testing for over a month, so we think we have the issues related to this update under control. (fingers crossed!)
Nothing of this magnitude can be guaranteed to go perfectly, though, but the RS Net team and our Upline Hosting Support team will be checking and resolving any issues we see once the upgrade is done.
Please call or email if you have any questions about this.
Margaret & Merv